Corona virus-COVID-19 All You Need to Know About Symptoms & Risks
The world comes to know this novel coronavirus for the first time only a few months ago, therefore all of us are making our efforts to gather information about this viral infection.
Science is moving very quickly but still, we don’t know everything about the virus. But we still know about how to protect our health (boosting the immune system & following all precautionary measures).
Most people are so worried that it makes them vulnerable to believing and sharing false information. For these people, I come up with the idea to share all valid information regarding this novel virus with them so that they don’t make any such mistake.
Here I am going to start with a basic like what is a coronavirus, its causes & symptoms. Then I further move towards the healthy tips regarding how to protect yourself and all other important details.
What is Corona virus?
Coronavirus is a large family of viruses that lead to a range of illnesses that initiates from a common cold and has some similarities with the previous SARs virus.
Now, this COVID-19 is what we call a novel coronavirus, therefore it is a new strain that we have never actually observed in humans before. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, which means that they can transmit between animals and humans.
However, there is a Variety of Coronaviruses that only infect animals. If they contact humans then they infect them, for example, this novel coronavirus that we are dealing with recently. It is what we call a split over the occasion.
It can include any of the following;
- Running nose
- Dry cough
- A sore throat
- Shortness of Breath
In severe cases, patients will require immediate hospital treatment. So, how severe it is? It really depends at the moment.
We all are well aware of the fact that one in five cases can become severe leading conditions like pneumonia or even acute respiratory distress syndrome, leaving some mechanical ventilation and in some harsh conditions, it can even cause death.
The Real Facts about COVID-19
Now, all of us currently know that this novel virus has a mortality rate of 2%.
It means that 2% of individuals who have had the novel coronavirus have died from this viral infection. It also means that 98% of individuals who have this virus have got better from it.
So, you can say it is much less dangerous than the Ebola virus that has a mortality rate of 70%, and even SARS that has a mortality rate of 10%.
Now it is highly significant to remember that is based on the recent information that we have, there are recently patients in the hospital getting treatment for coronavirus. Therefore, the figure could change and it’s not an absolute certainty.
Autoimmunity is the condition when your immune system starts working a bit too hard and initiates attacking not just invading infection but also your own cells.
Immunodeficiency is the opposite of this term and it means when your immune system is not combating invading infections enough.
Public Health Officials of England said that COVID-19 is the greatest threat to those with weaker immune systems, and those with chronic or long-term diseases. Autoimmune disorders include in this but others are also involved like;
- Lung Disease
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
Ireland’s Health services have included a few more conditions to this current list like;
- Patients suffering from cancer
- Patients undergoing treatments for autoimmune disorders like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel diseases, and multiple sclerosis.
- Infected with HIV
- Any person who has had a bone marrow or an organ transplant
- Asthma patients and chain smokers are also at a greater risk of the virus
How can the Autoimmunity Patients cope with the Current COVID-19 Threat?
These people are vulnerable in this outbreak; autoimmune people should follow these steps;
- Wash their hands frequently and always keep sanitizers with them
- Always cover your face with special masks and don’t sneeze in front of others
- Use foods that are best for you in this condition
According to a new study published on March 27, 2020, in the New England Journal of Medicine, the SARS-CoV-2 virus (the recent novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19) has the same surface ability as the SARS-CoV-1 viruses (the leading cause of SARS). It can survive;
- Up to 4 hours on the copper
- About 48-72 hours on stainless steel
- On the plastic about 72 hours
- Up to 24 hours on the cupboard
Now if we talk about the treatment of this novel virus, unfortunately, there is no treatment recently for the coronavirus.
However, the medical staff can treat the symptoms; so, they look at the patients individually. Depending on their symptoms, they will have various treatments for it.
Is there Any Vaccine for COVID-19?
Coronavirus is a huge disaster of 2020. The whole world is suffering from this pandemic outbreak. All the scientists are racing to find the vaccine for this novel viral infection.
Everyone is waiting for its valid treatment through vaccines and requires effective medicines that cure this disease.
The only solution found yet to control the infection is to make isolation and social distancing and isolation.
What Sort of Research is being done in the COVID-19 Perspective?
- Research is constructing at breakneck speed, and currently, there are over 21 vaccines in progress. Among those are;
- The first human trial for a Vaccine was announced last month by science experts at a lab in Seattle, a city in the US. They have taken the rare step of leaving any research to test the vaccine’s efficiency or safety.
- Australian scientists have initiated injecting ferrets with two potential vaccines. It is the first pre-clinical considerable trial to go to the animal testing stage, or experts say they are expecting to go to the human testing stage at the end of April 2020.
- Tests for the preparation of vaccination are doing more quickly than would typically be the case. Some are also using new approaches to vaccines.
- You must have knowledge about it that there are 4 Coronaviruses that is circulating in human systems. They adversely influence the respiratory system of humans, and we don’t have effective drugs for any of them.
Could Old Available Drugs treat COVID-19?
- Scientists and medical experts are testing existing anti-viral medicines to see if they are effective to treat this viral infection. They maximize their work if they are safe to utilize or can provide help against this viral disease.
- Tests are conducting in Scotland or England on few infected persons with an anti-viral drug known as remdesivir. You may know that it is an Ebola medicine but is very potent to treat other viral diseases.
- Differentiation is also occurring in China or the USA, and they are expecting that a pair of HIV medicines such as ritonavir or lopinavir would be effective in killing these infectious diseases. But their results are not according to their expectations to be a potential drug.
- Researchers are frequently working on an ant-malarial medicine, chloroquine. Different tests that are conducting in the lab, show that it can fight against viruses, and there are several pieces of evidence from doctors that it has shown some signs of recovery. However, the World Health Organization says that there is no valid proof of its working.
Would a Vaccine Treat and Effect to People of All Ages?
Current Research predicts that the future coronavirus vaccine would be less successful in older individuals. It wills not the fault of the drug for Coronavirus as, for aged people, the immune system does not appropriately respond to immunization. We see it often with the flu jab.
The overage people have a weak immune system and its efficiency to fight against the virus is very low, this is the reason that if scientists will discover any vaccine to treat COVID-19, it will be less efficient for mostly older.
Will there be Any Side Effects of Future vaccines?
All drugs, even our usual painkillers, have side effects. But without any valid test, it is not right to predict what the effects of an experimental vaccination may be. But we should hope for the best.
Who would initially receive a Vaccine?
There is probably, it would be limited supply; in the future, if scientists would be successful, or they discover ideal vaccines for the treatment of this novel coronavirus, then there would be limited supply, so it is significant to prioritize.
Health care workers and medical staff who are infected and require medicines would be at the top of the lists and also older people who are in extreme danger.
Are You Can Travel During This Outbreak?
Travel during the coronavirus is not safe. Most of the scientist recommends staying at home during COVID-19. Anyhow here I am with you to describe that is it safe or not to travel during COVID-19.
If you want to travel in COVID-19 then you must notify the following things before you travel.
- The first and foremost thing that matters is your age. Children and elderly people are at high risk while traveling in COVID-19. Especially people above 80 years are considered immune-compromised people because they have a weak immune system.
- Their immune system is unable to gain immunity rapidly against COVID-19. However, if you are a teenager or below 45 years then your immune system will be strong and you will be able to recover quickly as compared to aged persons.
- It does not mean that you cannot infect by COVID-19. You can be infected but the fatality rate in this age group is observed less as compared to other people. People belonging to this age group can travel but with maximum precautions. However old age people or small babies should be restricted to travel during COVID-19.
- The second thing that should be observed before traveling during COVID-19 is your medical history. If you are an immune-compromised patient or suffering from any cardiovascular or respiratory disease or you are suffering from diabetes you must have to review your decision of traveling.
- The third thing is the place where you want to go. You should observe the places where you want to travel that what are the safety measures adopted by the administration against COVID-19. You should notice the spreading rate of COVID-19. Anyhow if you travel in such a country in COVID-19 then you must stay in quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
What Are the Precautionary Measures During Travelling?
World Health Organization says that if you are on travel then you have to stay away from infected people. To recognize that who is infected you must learn symptoms of coronavirus.
If any symptom detected then please avoid that person. You know the symptoms such as sore throat, cough and in some severe cases, it may lead to difficulty in breathing.
However, there are some precautionary measures that should be adopted if you want to travel in COVID-19. These are
- Use face mask
- Keep a sanitizer with you
- Keep distance
- Avoid crowd
- Avoid touching nose, eyes, or mouth
- Wash your hand frequently
Some people say that COVID-19 has affected their travel plans. Yes, they are right to a great extent because almost in all the countries there is a lockdown.
People have to stay home in COVID-19 until conditions become favorable. In almost all countries every type of local and international transportation is blocked.
If you want to travel in COVID-19 then you have to look for a safe place where this virus has not reached yet.
During this time of the corona crisis, some evil people think it was high time to earn through dirty means. They have created so many websites that are faked and have no evidence, create a scam.
They have collected the cut pieces of several action movies and make them viral.
These videos have no connection with reality; however, they are creating fear among people. Some hackers send fake messages under the name of the World Health Organization.
The common people, who are already in a panic due to the ongoing novel virus, fall a victim to their illegal scam. These individuals receive all the data of the people who replied to them unfortunately and then blackmail them.
Tips to Avoid COVID-19 Scams
Below are the necessary tips to avoid scams in this explosion;
- Describe how the company will communicate during this situation. It will give true help to employees to show social-engineering attempts or suspicious or mysterious messages. And enable them to decrease the risk of any scam.
- Record what to search for like email the Prevention or the Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization, a usual strategy currently. The safer step is to go to the organizations’ websites for info.
- Ensure to remind your employees about necessary things such as not clicking on links in emails from the individuals they don’t know. Don’t come into their trap that is very normal recently and avoid any
- Don’t become a victim of false tests and the ideal attempt is to delete or forward mysterious messages to the security management. They are very smart in their work to convince the people in a truly professional way.
What You Can Do to Face COVID-19 Anxiety
If you are worried about the novel coronavirus then trust me you are not alone. This viral infection has adverse effects on almost every aspect of an individual’s life, and you have to stay home in corona spread.
It influences the way we live normally because the offices and schools are closed currently. It’s quite usual to feel the anxiety of recent outbursts due to sudden or unknown changes that happen in such a short duration.
Anxiety is a typical feeling and offers a signal to focus or think about something to protect them. People in coronavirus pandemic can do multiple things to fight this emotion and secure their loved ones;
Peoples should have a calm or comfortable conversation with their family members about the ongoing threat. The crucial role that they can play is to keep them clean and healthy.
Most people should encourage their close relatives to stay in their homes and keep going their activities inside.
They should acknowledge their children to let them know if they are not feeling well or having any distress. Reassure them that the viral disease is generally mild, especially for kids and the young generation.
You should repeatedly remind them to wash their hands before eating anything or after playing on the lawn.
Stick to Daily Routine
People in conditions don’t have to create any panic, and they should stick to their regular lifestyles. Prepare healthy foods for their family members that enhance their immunity.
In case of boosting the immunity to fight back, leafy greens such as spinach, kale, or broccoli have fibers or essential nutrients in them that are effective to human health.
The anxiety is genuine, and parents who are not able of taking care of or supervise their precious children during the whole day, take help from the helpers or caretakers.
They must create a structure that works ideally and don’t go outside to meet others.
Let the Kids Feel Their Emotions
Children are sad and unhappy due to the cancellation of school sports matches, plays, and other entertaining games. This whole chaos deeply impacts the children’s feelings and they are thinking as if their parents frequently neglect them and restrict them to meet their friends.
Parents in these situations must deal with them responsibly and let the kids feel their emotions. You should Play different games with them and spend your time with your kids.
Make them feel very special and become their real friends. But in doing so, don’t forget the usage of face masks while playing outside in the garden.
Follow the Advice of CDC & Medical Experts
The first thing that people should do is to follow the advice of experts and avoid germs spread. It not only keeps you safer but also gives safety to their whole family members.
Therefore, you have to follow the guideline of the CDC or medical experts and ask their help from the online website. Below are the general advice of the CDC & Trump Administration;
- Stay homes and avoid going in crowds
- Keep social distancing
- Cover your masks before coughing or sneezing
- Frequently wash your hands and use alcoholic sanitizers
To avoid the anxiety current pandemic, take a deep breath that can calm you in difficult moments. Practice breathing can provide help to the person and pause before you react and choose how to respond.
Importantly, belly breathing or diaphragmatic breathing can give surprising benefits. Make sure to practice for 6 to 10 minutes a day. Download an app like Belly Bio that is without any cost.
Continue chatting with your close relative or friends and make online phone calls to avoid the anxious or alarming condition.
Simple Ways to Stay Healthy
Following are the few tips that I am going to give you to stay healthy in the coronavirus situation;
- You should change your eating habits and add fatty fish, nuts, seeds, leafy vegetables, and lean meat to your diet plan.
- Turn your lazy lifestyle into an active lifestyle by doing various things like cooking, gardening, etc.
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and tobacco
- Don’t skip your breakfast at any cost
- Do regular exercise and maybe download an online app for different exercise techniques
- Don’t compromise on your sleep and take a 7 hours healthy sleep at night
Coronavirus is rapidly spreading without any break. There is no vaccine to cure it, only precautionary measures are present. You need to deal with the current situation wisely without falling into the corona virus scam.
Avoid traveling and if you need to travel for an emergency then follow the CDC advice.
You don’t need to be panic, stay home, and protect your family members from the ongoing crisis.
If you want to stay healthy follow my dietary advice and stick to a healthy routine. Again if you have any concerns regarding this novel virus, just share with me by commenting in the comment section. Thank You!