1 medium cauliflower head, roughly chopped
2 Gala apples, roughly chopped
2 large shallots, roughly chopped
1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, minced
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 lbs. Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and halved
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 c. fresh cherries pitted and roughly chopped
3 T. almond milk
½ c. pistachios shelled and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Add the cauliflower, apple, shallots, rosemary leaves, and one tablespoon olive oil to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture into a uniform single layer onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until the cauliflower is fork-tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it becomes fragrant, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring only occasionally, until they become golden brown and crispy, approximately 15-20 minutes. Add the fresh cherries and cook, stirring frequently, until just heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done, transfer the roasted veggies on the baking sheet to a large mixing bowl. Add almond milk and remaining olive oil. season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and mash with a potato masher or blend with an immersion blender until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Spread the warm cauliflower and apple mash on the bottom of a large serving dish or bowl. Top with the crispy Brussels sprouts, warm cherries, and chopped pistachios before serving. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes